In this week’s episode I pick up from last week, recap the four steps in creating great client relationships, then explore the first step – connecting – in greater detail. I review the three principles of connection and share several examples from my own experience.
- A connection is the intentional first spark of a long-term mutually beneficial relationship.
- Place a high value on the connection, the relationship and let your motive be service. Ask yourself, “How can I be of help? What can I do to make their lives (their business) better?”
- Connection requires conscious, directed effort. Listen intentionally. Take notes. Be 100% engaged.
- Great relationships take time. Don’t rush anything. Don’t be quick to talk about prices.. Ask questions, listen.. Take as much time as needed. It’s worth it.
- Joshua Wold – For the great cover art!
- Joslyn Wold (my wife) – For keeping the house quiet while I recorded (no easy task with a 1-year-old girl who’s teething!).
Share your questions / thoughts in the comments below or connect with me via email at email@example.com.