Hi, my name is Jonathan Wold. I have been building websites since I was 12 years old. I’m 26 now, married, and the father of a 2-year-old son. I’ve gone from building websites as a hobby to starting and growing two successful web development businesses. (Read more of my story later).
I don’t know your name yet, but I’m really glad you’re here. Web development is a great business, whether part-time or a full-time venture. The challenge that you face right now is figuring out the best way to get started.
First, if you haven’t already, sign up for my free course, “Four Weeks To Your First Client”. One of the best ways to start a business is actually doing business. My largest business venture to-date, Sabramedia, started just that way. Within 4 weeks of deciding to start the business, we had our first client.
Next, I am developing a premium course that I think is a perfect match for you. I’ll tell you about it in a moment.
Before I do, I want to encourage you. Deciding to be a web developer was one of the best decisions I’ve made. It has given my family and I a tremendous level of freedom and flexibility. It has helped us accomplish our financial goals (we got out of debt last year!) and opened the doors to amazing opportunities.
Whether you’re interested in web development on a part-time basis or you see a future as a full-time web developer, for yourself, for clients, or both, I encourage you strongly, keep at it. Whether or not the title of “Web Developer” is what you end up with, the experience you gain and the doors of opportunity that open are what make web development such a great line of work.
Thank you for your time! Please, take a close look at the details about my course below and, if it’s a match, don’t wait a moment longer, pre-order it today. I’m pouring the heart and soul of my years of experience into making the course my best work yet and I am so excited to share it with you. Now, the course.
A Premium Web Development Course
This course will teach you how to build a web development business around WordPress (new to WordPress? Learn why I recommend WordPress). I wrote my first WordPress tutorial back in 2006 and I’ve been teaching folks how to get things done with WordPress ever since. This course is a culmination of my years of experience and the lessons I’ve learned amidst heart-wrenching pain and great success.
Who This Course Is For
If you’re ready to start a web development business this course is a perfect match for you. I will take you from the very first steps and lead you step-by-step from where you are today to building a thriving web development business.
What’s In The Course
Here’s an overview of what you will learn:
Module #1 – Getting Started In Web Development
- How to start your web development business – while still working full-time
- The personal foundation it takes to succeed – and what to do if you don’t have it yet (I didn’t when I started!)
- How to start on a budget as low as $100
- Step-by-step instructions for building your own website for your business
- The ideal work environment, and what to do if you can’t afford it yet
- Why you should work with WordPress themes, instead of building from scratch
- Why you should not spend time learning HTML and CSS (yet)
Module #2 – Making A Profit
- How and where to get your first client
- How to qualify clients without wasting their time – and yours
- How to connect with potential clients and build rapport
- How to educate your clients and help them make good choices
- How to write winning project proposals and how to know when you shouldn’t
- How to make and close the offer
- How to decide what to charge
- How to make sure you get paid
- The principles of effective communication, in person, via email, and on the phone
Module #3 – Doing The Work & Building Websites
- How to master your time and project todo lists
- How to start a new website with a site map
- How to choose the right WordPress theme
- How to setup WordPress for your clients
- How to help your clients plan a content strategy
- What to do if you have a client who can’t write
- How to provide your clients with personalized training
- Which WordPress plugins you should use
- How to fine-tune the WordPress theme you chose
- What to do after the website is launched
Module #4 – Growing Your Business
- How to ask clients for feedback, endorsements, and referrals
- What to do in the first month after each website launch
- How to stay connected with your clients
- How to develop a mindset of continual education
- How to add and develop new skillsets to increase your value
- The basics of business accounting and what not to do (I learned the hard way)
- How to plan and prepare for taxes (it will be painful, but you can manage it!)
- How to plan and prepare for your first hire
- The risks and benefits of partnerships (and what the mistakes and good choices I’ve made)
What You’re Getting
- The Premium Course ($500 value)
You will be getting access to the complete course. Each module will include lessons (in text and audio format), along with a corresponding list of action items and task specific resources. I will also be including screencasts in module #3, in addition to the detailed lessons, to teach you how to do the work.
- Bonus #1: The Resource List ($150 value)
You will have access to a private, continually updated list of the resources that I use, including the best WordPress themes, the plugins I recommend, a list of recommended tutorials, tools I use to run my business, and more.
- Bonus #2: Lifetime Updates ($1000+ value)
Version one of the course is just beginning. As I update and expand the course, you will get lifetime free access to each new version.
How Much Is It?
Pre-ordering the course ($1650+ value) is a one-time payment of $500. As you consider the investment and decide if it’s right for you right now, weigh the following:
- The value of experience – I have worked thousands of hours, gone through heart-wrenching failures and experienced great successes. As you read my stories and learn from what I’ve gone through, you’re gaining the value of my own experience, at an almost immeasurable fraction of the cost.
- The value of time – You can learn a lot of what I’ll teach you on your own in books and articles and through personal experience – yet it will take you time, and lots of it, to find and sort through the millions of pieces of information available. My goal is to save you valuable time by bringing together the very best of what it takes to succeed in this business, all filtered through the lens of the time that I’ve already spent and what I have learned from others.
- The value of knowledge - How much is what I have to share worth to you? If you read the guide and do nothing, not much. If you take it to heart, though, and apply diligence to do what I teach you to do, you’re going to earn a return on your investment many, many times of over.
When Will It Be Available?
The course will be available sometime in 2013 and a select number of those who pre-order will have access to it prior to official release. If you’re not in a hurry and you’d like to lock in that price, then please feel welcome to pre-order now.
Why You Can Trust My Experience
I work full-time in web development. My main venture is Sabramedia, where I work with a small group of very talented guys. We work on a wide variety of WordPress projects and on the development of Pigeon, a paywall plugin we’ve built for the newspaper industry.
I do freelance work on the side, working on projects for businesses and ministries throughout the country (and the world). Here are a few facts about my experience:
- I built my first website for fun when I was 12 and for profit when I was 17. I’m 26 now and I’ve been building websites ever since.
- I have supported my family, got out of debt, bought a house, and made significant progress toward our financial goals – entirely through web development.
- I’ve worked on over 200 web development projects, both as a freelancer and as a partner in a full-time web development company.
- I’ve worked on projects as small as $100 all the way up to $75,000+.
- I’ve earned as little as $5 an hour doing web development (a painful lesson) all the way up to over $350/hour.
Get On The Waiting List
Would you like to receive updates on course progress and be one of the first to know when it’s available? Just enter your name and email below and I’ll get you on the waiting list.
P.S. If you’ve got questions about the course while it’s in development, don’t hesitate to ask. Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.