Are you ready to make the move to WordPress? I’m here to help! A basic migration is a perfect choice for many websites and gets you up and running on WordPress fast.
First, let’s make sure your website is a match. Here are the guidelines:
- Less than 50 Pages – Most basic migrations are done manually, which means we move each of the pieces of content by hand to ensure a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Basic Functionality – A basic migration includes carrying over simple elements like email subscriptions and contact forms and includes very little if any “extra” interactive functionality.
- Low Complexity – WordPress migrations can be complex, but a basic migration isn’t. Do you think your project might be complex? We’ve got you covered! Take a look at our advanced migration services. Not sure? There are definitely exceptions. Go ahead and fill out the form below and we’ll talk.
Does your project sound like a fit? Great! Now let’s go over the details.
I want the migration process to be as smooth and easy an experience for you as possible. Let’s get started with an overview of how a typical basic migration is carried out:
- Website Evaluation – First, I take a close look at your existing website in preparation for a migration. I look carefully through each of the pages, noting any questions I have and preparing my recommendations.
- Follow-up Consultation – Next, we schedule a follow-up call where I present my findings, ask any questions I have, answer questions you have, and make my recommendations for the best way to proceed.
- Setting Up WordPress – Now, work begins! One of my specialists (or myself, if I am available) will get WordPress up and running, update basic settings, and pre-install any necessary plugins.
- Importing Content – Next, all the content from your existing website is carefully moved into WordPress. We use a shared spreadsheet or Basecamp (a project management tool) to our track progress (which you are welcome to follow along with!).
- Design Migration – With your content in place, we now carry over the existing design into a new custom WordPress theme, giving you the same look and feel of your existing website, but now powered by WordPress.
- Website Review – Next, we conduct a careful review of all the migrated pages and then prepare the website for launch.
- Going Live – Last, but not least, we manage the switch from your old site to your new, WordPress-powered site, making sure that any changed URLs are successfully redirected. The work is done!
Our goal is to create a great service experience. Accordingly, while we’re managing all the technical parts of the migration, we also offer the following:
- Free Training – The beauty of WordPress is that it requires no prior experience and very little training before you’re able to maximize what it has to offer. If you haven’t used WordPress before or just need a refresher, we’ve got you covered. We offer custom recorded screencasts and screen sharing sessions to provide you (and your team!) with all the training you need.
- Free Answers – If you’ve got questions about WordPress, ask away. We are only an email or a phone call away throughout the migration process to answer any questions you have about putting WordPress to work for you – at no charge!
- Free Recommendations – If you’d like ideas or suggestions about how you can take WordPress further, we’ve got you covered. We offer a free, no obligation consultation where we get to know your business objectives and offer you ideas and suggestions for putting WordPress to work to get results for you.
Pricing & Payments
A basic WordPress migration is $2,500.
Payment details are simple. Upon acceptance of your project and confirmation of the project schedule/timeline, I’ll send you an invoice for the full amount, due before the work begins.
I accept payment via Dwolla (preferred), PayPal, credit card, check, wire transfer, and bartering (depending on what’s being offered).
By the way, I do occasionally offer discounts to non-profit organizations. Just ask.
I do have more to offer! Along with a WordPress migration you can purchase additional services at special prices. Here’s an overview of what I offer:
- Ongoing Support / Oversight – How would you like to have my team and I at your service on an ongoing basis? You can use us to make unlimited content updates to your site, minor development improvements, manage WordPress backups, updates, and security, and just generally be available to pick up the phone, answer questions you have, and be an extension of your team. We also include a monthly analytics report along with any relevant recommendations for improvement. Prices start at $250 per month per website.
- New WordPress Theme – Want to migrate your website to WordPress yet don’t really care for your current design? We can help you get a new look! We can work with you to build a new design from scratch or, most likely, we’ll help you choose an existing WordPress theme, then install it and customize it to meet your needs and make sure it works with your existing content. Implementing and customizing an existing WordPress theme starts at $1000. Building a new theme from scratch starts at $5,000.
- Custom Development – Do you have a feature that you’d like to add to your new WordPress-powered website? Let’s talk! Most minor development requests can be scoped and included within the context of a basic WordPress migration. Tell me what you have in mind and I’ll give you my recommendations along with a scope and estimate accordingly. Minor custom development typically starts at $500.
Ready to get started with your WordPress migration? Excellent! Just fill out the form below to schedule an initial website evaluation.