I’ve been keeping a journal for a good half a year now and I’m finally moving it over into a Blog ;). This Journal will be up on my new website at www.jonathanwold.com. Anyway, to kick it off I’m going to write about today! Here are some of the highlights of my day:
- Sent out letters for my mission trip – I sent out 8 letters to area businessmen and doctors this morning in regards to my mission trip to the Philippines in March of this year. Its taken me quite awhile to finally get those letters finished and I was very proud that I was able to get them out today ;). I’ve never asked for Donations before, so this is definitely a ‘first time’ sorta thing. I offered them my web design services should they need them and we’ll see how things go!
- Packed up my stuff – Yes, I recently acquired a new suitcase and I spent today reorganizing and packing all my belongings. I threw away a ton of old paperwork that I don’t need as well as an assortment of similiar non-paper items. Then I sorted through the stuff that I plan to take and picked out all the things that I can leave behind. Half my book collection will stay here in California with my mom, who has said that it’d be fine to leave it with her. I also got rid of a good number of clothes I’m quite sure I won’t be wearing anytime soon :P.
- Got back to work on my web hosting business – Yes, things are finally happening again with Hostingfrog.com. Check out the progress at http://www.webhoststartup.com/. I’ve put that business off for WAY longer than I should and I’m very glad to be back in the swing of things. I’ve got a ways to go and the main obstacle right now is getting the actual website up and running, but it’ll get there.
- Talked to the admins at Hiddenstaff.com – I had a great chat with Travis and Jerret today about Hostingfrog and about plans for some of their own business ventures. They’re both two awesome young man and its been really cool getting to know them. I look forward to continuing our relationships together and maybe helping each other out in anyway that we can.
- Emailed some old contacts – I followed up with several emails that I’ve been putting off and it was really good to get those out of the way. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to write them, I’d just been putting it off because of all the other things I’ve been doing.. so it was really good to take time today and just get it done.
- Had two awesome meals – Louise Carlton is an incredible cook :). I had lunch and dinner today and man was that stuff awesome.. She made an eggplant parmesan sorta thing and a bunch of other great stuff.. homecooked meals are the best! Thanks Louise!
- Had a great workout this evening – Yeah, I’m working out again.. no particular reason other than I know that its good for me. Brian and I have been doing it together lately and that helps a LOT. We’re kinda in sad shape right now, so its good that were working on this. Once I get to LA I’ll be picking up running again, so I’m looking forward to that.
Alright, enough of the things I’ve done.
Today I’m feeling much better than I’ve felt in quite awhile. I’m recovering from a very fast cold and I’m surprised at how good I’m feeling. The past few weeks have been very unproductive, and I’ve felt it. By ‘normal’ standards I’m already doing more than most people, but I know how much I’m capable of and I just haven’t been cutting it.
I’ve also been going through a lot of emotional and spiritual stuff.. challenging a lot of the things I’ve believed and the way I’ve been living my life. Its good stuff, it just takes a lot out of you.. I’m a very strong believer in God and I’m not afraid to let people know about it, no matter the consequences. If you believe that, you’ve gotta live by it, through good times and through bad.
So I’m finally getting things back on track. The next 6 days have been planned out and we’ll see how things go once I get down to LA.
Bring it on world! :)
Daily Action Step:
Setting my list and focusing on just getting the things done. I did a LOT today :)